Clear aligners look like transparent moulds of your teeth and are used to straighten teeth just like traditional braces. They are usually made of elastic thermoplastic resin material to keep your teeth out of harm’s way.
Clear aligners create a gentle constant force on your teeth and push them to the required position over time. Because clear aligners don’t involve metal wires and/or braces, they are much easier to clean, more convenient to wear, and much more hygienic.
Clear aligners are custom-made for each patient through a digital scan of their teeth.
Each set of aligners is made for 2 weeks of use. This allows a gradual movement of the teeth to be displaced. The treatment plan length may vary from one person to another depending on their dental condition. Usually, it doesn’t take longer than 12 months. Some clear aligners offer only nighttime use options.
Here are some advantages of clear aligners over braces:
- Nearly impossible to spot.
- Can be removed for eating, brushing, or any similar work.
- Doesn’t build up plaque as it’s removable.
- Fits smoothly on the teeth.
- Treatment length is significantly shorter
Clear aligners are the most comfortable and effective option to straighten your teeth or change the shape of your smile. However, patients need to keep a few things in mind if choosing clear aligners. Besides following your dentist’s guidelines, here are a few more things to follow:
- Wear clear aligners for at least 20 hours a day to start getting results.
- Remove the aligners before eating, brushing, or using excessive force on the jaw and teeth.
- Clean the aligner trays regularly. Ask your dentist for recommendations on how to clean them easily at home.
Richmond West Dental in Downtown Toronto offers custom-made and smile-direct club clear aligners. Smile Direct Club clear aligners are affordable, keeping your teeth in position even after treatment without any retainers. Online appointments can be made at https://richmondwestdental.com/online-appointment/